Growing legal departments often struggle to define when it’s time for them to invest in technology. Since there can be significant time and costs associated with adopting technology, getting the technology much too soon can waste these precious resources. However, waiting until it’s much too late can mean that problems have grown out of control, and implementing that technology and dealing with the problem can be infinitely more costly. Below find some common situations and practical advice for when it may be time for a legal department to invest in technology that allows its attorneys to serve their clients better, become more efficient, and save money.
- You don’t know your legal spend.
- You need to show your department’s value.
- You’re getting surprised.
- You need quick answers to legal questions.
- You don’t know all of your matters your law firms are working on at a given time.